There’s a new member of the R nineT family, in the shape of the R nineT /5, built to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the /5 series and 50 years of BMW production in Berlin Spandau.
The new model is basically a standard R nineT with some retro details to pay homage to it’s grandfather. Those details include knee pads on the fuel tank, and a Lupine Blue metallic finish, complete with smoke effect and pin striping on the tank.
The mirrors and entire exhaust system are finished in chrome, while the seat has been redesigned to mirror that of the original /5 series bikes. Aluminium silver spoked wheels complete the retro look of the /5.
BMW haven’t released any information regarding price or availability, but they claim the /5 is an exclusive model, which suggests it will only be available in limited numbers.
BMW R nineT /5 highlights:
- Potent boxer engine with a capacity of 1 170 cc and an output of 81 kW (110 hp) that meets EU4 requirements.
- Spoke wheels, 3.5 x 17 inches at front and 5.5 x 17 inches at rear.
- 320-millimetre twin disc brake at the front.
- ABS as standard.
- ASC (Automatic Stability Control) as standard.
- Heated grips as standard.
- 2-in-1 exhaust system made of stainless steel with chrome manifolds and rear silencer.
- Chrome mirrors.
- Fuel tank with knee pads and elaborate paint finish in Lupine Blue metallic with smoke effect and double line marking.
- Front mudguard in Lupine Blue metallic with double line marking.
- Double seat with chrome decorative elements and white piping, evoking the historic predecessor.
- Fork slider tubes, wheel hubs and spokes in Aluminium Silver.
- Telescopic fork with gaiters.
- High-end details such as fork bridges and footrests in forged, clear anodised aluminium.