NEWS

It’s happening! The Indian Scout Flat Tracker is coming! (Maybe)

This has to be it, doesn’t it?!

It can’t not be coming eventually, but the idea of a road-going version of the Indian FTR750 Flat Tracker, derived from the Scout and based on the championship winning bikes ridden by the Wrecking Crew has been bubbling under for so long now that we thought this day would never come.

But then this has dropped into our mail box and we’re starting to actually believe – like really believe – that it’s going to be announced at EICMA (the Milan Motorcycle Show) in a couple of weeks time.

Traditionally, EICMA is the show were all of the manufacturers announce pretty much everything for the upcoming 18 months and beyond, so Indian wouldn’t just put the Wrecking Crew on their invite for no reason, right?

And ‘something special’ with that image, can only mean one thing. It has to… IT HAS TO!

OMFG!? IT’S HAPPENING! IT’S HAPPENING!?! %

Clothing

(Ed: Breathe Steve, breathe!)

12 Comments

12 Comments

1. Avatar

Dazzle★Яebel

October 26, 2017 at 09:28

Pretty sure this won’t be a road going FTR750. The engine was developed for race use only. I’m calling it now, it’s either an expansion of the race program to include Europe (Flat Track/Hooligan Racing is becoming more popular here year on year) or something similarly underwhelming for us non-racers. If it is a Scout Flat Tracker I’ll be very impressed and 1st in line for test ride. If it’s a bona-fide road-going FTR750 I’ll fall off my seat!

2. Avatar

Dead Red Rooster

October 26, 2017 at 14:10

It will be a flat track display to celebrate their championship win an absolute domination over Harley in the AMA series, surely not a new model?

3. Avatar

George Winter

October 27, 2017 at 03:52

Isn’t Indian owned by the same company that makes Polaris and Victory?
    The last two having a rock solid reputation for being utter junk.

4. Avatar

MotoFire

October 27, 2017 at 09:02

Victory wasn’t utter junk.. they were brilliant but Polaris realised the money was better invested in Indian. The build quality on the modern Indians is spot on.

Polaris is a $6bn company, you’d hope they’d have it sorted.

5. Avatar

George Winter

October 27, 2017 at 16:13

MotoFire
    I’ve never personally owned neither Victory nor Polaris.
    However I have used Polaris quads extensively at work and found most mechanics wouldn’t even work on them unless they were very short on work or oficial dealers.
    Victory was openly considered to be far inferior even to Harley Davidson (that says a lot).
    I once owned a Buell Ulysses that I bought brand new and 15,000 miles later I had sworn I’d never buy a non Japanese or non European motorcycle again no matter how cool their presentation was.
    I may be wrong, but I’d still never buy that Indian.

6. Avatar

MotoFire

October 28, 2017 at 10:03

Who said Victory were inferior? They were great.
    We had an Indian Chieftain for 9 months, it was epic, great build, great engine and handled so so so much better than any Harley we’ve ever ridden. Although, we’d agree, the European and Japanese manufacturers do have an edge, about a 10 year edge. The quality and reliability is far superior. Makes you wonder why the American companies don’t just poach the engineers from over here :/

7. Avatar

George Winter

October 28, 2017 at 16:32

MotoFire
    When I got rid of my Buell I bought an Aprilia Tuono, the one with the Rotax twin. Now that was a quality bike!
    Just for the sake of motorcycle talk, I’ve since withdrawn from fast bikes and I’m restoring a 1976 Yamaha XS 650. When that bike was first introduced in 1969, it was cutting edge, beautiful design.
    Apparently it was used on the the flat track extensively and successfully.
    I enjoy reading your post. Thanks.

8. Avatar

George Winter

October 29, 2017 at 15:11

MotoFire
    I agree, restoration is the most satisfying way of enjoying motorcycles.
    I’ve restored a BSA Goldstar 500 and an Ariel Square Four for my father and an Ariel Red Hunter for myself.
    I now chose the Yamaha XS because it’s more affordable and will be a bike I won’t worry too much about putting some serious miles on.
    I recently took part in the restoration of this baby, I tried to attach a video of it running but FB won’t let me.

9. Avatar

Snake Bite

October 30, 2017 at 01:27

You are an idiot!

10. Avatar

Snake Bite

October 30, 2017 at 01:28

$7.5 billion company

11. Avatar

MotoFire

October 30, 2017 at 11:02

Awesome. Love them all, we’re definitely envious

12. Avatar

Dead Red Rooster

November 7, 2017 at 15:00

Victory was only considered inferior by died-in-the-wool Harley owners. I had Harleys then test rode a Victory thinking that it would pale in comparison. I was wrong. I loved it and put in an order for a Victory High Ball. I’ve had it 6 years with no problems, excellent dealer service and performance that left my mates on Hardlys in the dust. I was going to part ex it for an Indian Chieftain Limited which blew me away but decided to keep it as a second bike. Don’t chat crap about stuff you know nothing about.