Suggested retail price in UK is £10,999 including VAT.
It’s been quite a wait for those keen to see the new R6 hit European shores, but the wait is nearly over. Those looking to purchase the new supersport here in the UK might have to look a little harder at their saving books though, because the recommended retail price on these shores is a whopping £10,999.
To put that into perspective, the only other Euro4 compliant bike available on the market in the Supersport sector is the MV Agusta F3 which retails for £10,800. Honda of course ‘killed off’ their CBR600RR for the 2017 model year, and the comparative Suzuki and Kawasaki aren’t yet Euro4 certified.
If you do have a bank account strong enough to handle the new Yamaha YZF-R6 you’ll be getting a lot of bike for your money however; the new technical specs announced today claim that the 599cc, in line, 4-cylinder engine develops 87.1 kW (118.4 PS) at 14,500 RPM – with torque figures of 61.7 Nm (6.3 kg-m) @ 10,500 RPM.
And all that comes alongside the R1-derived electronics which are expected to be absolutely the best in (an admittedly small) class.
If you’re in the market for a supersport, then this is probably the bike with which you start your search – and probably end it.
New YZF-R6 Key Features
- Next generation R-series design
- Iconic YZF-R1 inspired face
- Pure race-bred DNA for class-leading style and performance
- Best ever YZF-R6 aerodynamics
- Sophisticated electronic control technology
- 6 level TCS to suit changing riding conditions
- QSS for faster full throttle clutchless upshifts
- 43mm YZF-R1 type front forks with YZF-R6 specific settings
- 320mm diameter YZF-R1 type front brakes with radial 4-pot calipers
- Slimline magnesium rear sub frame
- New angled seat
- Lightweight aluminium fuel tank
- Enhanced riding position
- EU4 compliant
YZF-R6 Technical Highlights
- 599cc, 67mm x 42.5mm, liquid-cooled, 4-valve, DOHC, 4-stroke, 4-cylinder
- Forged aluminum pistons, 13.1:1 compression ratio
- Titanium intake/exhaust valves
- Air Induction System and Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake (YCC-I)
- Twin-injector Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle (YCC-T)
- Slipper clutch
- Close-ratio 6-speed transmission
- Magnesium head and case covers
- EXUP valves contributing to excellent torque characteristics
- Titanium exhaust silencer
- Aluminum frame and swingarm
Genuine Accessories line up
Yamaha offer a range of new and existing performance and styling Genuine Accessories for the 2017 YZF-R6, enabling owners to make it their own. The full accessory line up will be available when the YZF-R6 arrives in Yamaha dealer showrooms. Following the new model’s launch, customers will be able to use the My Garage app to build and view their ultimate virtual YZF-R6 using a tablet or smartphone.
- Race Blu
- Tech Black