Ducati’s 1100cc Scrambler grabs the crowds at EICMA.
The ever-expanding range of the Scrambler has grown again with the new 1100cc version, which means that the Scrambler range now has three different engine sizes with the: 400, 800 being joined to the party by he 1100. The 1100 comes in 3 variations: The 1100, 1100 Special and the 1100 Sport.
Whilst the 800cc Scrambler now comes in 8 variations – with the Mach 2.0 being revealed at the Wheels and Waves event in the summer.
The Scrambler 1100 is the standard model of the three, new versions, but it still has plenty of new features to satisfy. This new bike maintains its old-school looks but is equipped with an LED daytime running light, traction control and Bosch cornering ABS which is a new to the Scrambler range.
The exhaust is different to that of the 800 and 400 versions – as the 1100 now have a twin exhaust system, which looks like it has been lifted straight from the Monster. The 1100 is available in ’62 Yellow and Shining Black for €12,990.
The 1100 Special shares the same engine and electronics package as the base model but it differs with lower handlebars, front and rear aluminium mudguards, chromed exhaust pipes, black spoked wheels, anodized aluminium fuel tank side covers, a double swingarm with brushed surface finishing and a new, dedicated seat fabric. The Special is only available in Custom Grey for €14,290.
The top-of-the-range 1100 Sport has a number of premium features, including most of those from the above Special, but also adjustable Öhlins suspensions, a fuel tank with yellow central stripes and under side covers, mudguards with yellow stripes, black fuel tank covers and an aluminium double swingarm. The Sport is only available in Viper Black and will set you back €14,990.
· Type: L-Twin, Desmodromic distribution, 2 valves per cylinder, air cooled
· Displacement: 1,079 cc
· Bore x stroke: 98 x 71 mm
· Compression ratio: 11:1
· Power: 63 kW (86 hp) @ 7,500 rpm
· Torque: 88 Nm (65 lb-ft, 9.0 kgm) @ 4,750 rpm
· Fuel injection: Electronic fuel injection, Ø55 mm throttle body with full Ride by Wire (RbW)
· Exhaust: 2-1-2 system with catalytic converter and 2 lambda probes, twin stainless steel muffler with aluminium covers and end caps
· Gearbox: 6 speed
· Ratio: 1=37/15 2=30/17 3=28/20 4=26/22 5=24/23 6=23/24
· Primary drive : Straight cut gears; Ratio 1.85:1
· Final drive: Chain; Front sprocket 15; Rear sprocket 39
· Clutch: Light action, wet, multiplate clutch with hydraulic control. Self-servo action on drive, slipper action on over-run
· Frame: Tubular steel Trellis frame
· Front suspension: Marzocchi fully adjustable Ø45 mm usd fork
· Front wheel travel: 150 mm (5.9 in)
· Front wheel: 10-spoke in light alloy, 3.50″ x 18″
· Front tyre: Pirelli MT 60 RS 120/70 ZR18
· Rear suspension: Kayaba monoshock, pre-load and rebound adjustable
· Rear wheel travel: 150 mm (5.9 in)
· Rear wheel: 10-spoke in light alloy, 5.50″ x 17″
· Rear tyre: Pirelli MT 60 RS 180/55 ZR17
· Front brake: 2 x Ø320 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo Monobloc M4.32 callipers, 4-piston, axial pump with Bosch Cornering ABS as standard equipment
· Rear brake: Ø245 mm disc, 1-piston floating calliper with Bosch Cornering ABS as standard equipment
· Wheelbase: 1,514 mm (59.6 in)
· Rake: 24.5°
· Trail: 111 mm (4.4 in)
· Total steering lock: 34°
· Fuel tank capacity: 15 l – (3.96 US gal)
· Dry weight: 189 kg (417 lb)
· Wet weight: 206 kg (454 lb)
· Seat height: 810 mm (31.9 in)
· Max height: 1,330 mm (52.4 in)
· Max width: 895 mm (35.2 in)
· Max length: 2,190 mm (86.0 in)
· Number of seats: Dual seat
· Standard equipment: Riding Modes, Power Modes, Ducati Safety Pack (Cornering ABS + DTC), RbW, LED light-guide, LED rear light with diffusion-light, LCD instruments with gear and fuel level indications, Steel tank with interchangeable aluminium side panels, Machine-finished aluminium belt covers, Under-seat storage compartment with USB socket
Warranty and Maintenance
· Warranty: 24 months unlimited mileage
· Maintenance service intervals: 12,000 km (7,500 mi) / 12 months
· Valve clearance check: 12,000 km (7,500 mi)