Triumph are calling it the ‘new British classic custom icon’.
With the Bonneville T120 and Bonneville Bobber paving the way for those riders looking for traditional style but with all the modern, engineering you would expect, the new Triumph Speedmaster arrives to take everything a step further.
The British firm appear to be particularly proud of the Bobber – and they should be – so it’s no surprise to see that the new Speedmaster brings with it much of the ‘DNA’ from Triumphs 2017 hit.
- Authentic ‘British custom’ attitude and laid back style
- All of the Bonneville’s timeless DNA and signature Bobber features
- Triumph’s classic custom attitude and laid back riding style
- Versatile twin and single seat set ups.
- Superior handling, comfort and control
- Laid back and comfortable riding ergonomics with powerful twin disc Brembo brakes and high specification suspension
- A distinctive ‘cage’ swinging arm for an authentic hard-tail look.
- Responsive Bonneville 1200 HT engine with the Bobber tune for thrilling performance and sound
- Category leading peak torque of 106Nm at 4,000rpm from the critically acclaimed High Torque engine with Bobber tune, plus peak power output of 77PS at 6,100rpm
- Distinctive rich and raw exhaust note
- Featuring a twin air box with twin filters and hidden cat box
- Class-leading capability and technology
- Full LED headlight with distinctive daytime running light pattern (market specific)
- State of the art ride-by-wire offering two riding modes (Road and Rain)
- Latest generation ABS and switchable traction control
- Torque assist clutch and single-button cruise control for improved rideability
- A feature-packed elegant single clock.
- Designed for customisation with two inspiration kits and over 130 custom accessories
- ‘Highway’ kit for even more touring capability – includes full soft luggage pannier set
- ‘Maverick’ kit for a stripped back, mean attitude – includes single seat and raked out bars
- Accessories for style, detailing, comfort, touring, and premium Vance & Hines exhausts (market specific).
The hard-tail appearance of the Bobber are here, as are the Bonneville’s sculpted tank and clever ‘retro’ styled elements such as the machine-engined fins, carb-styled throttle boddies and the ‘drum brake’ inspired rear hub.
But alongside that is the modern aspect of motorcycling that you would expect from a 2018 motorcycle, with a 5″ Full LED headlight (with daytime running light pattern), dual riding modes (road & rain) and ABS, switchable traction control and a ‘single button’ cruise control – which sounds perfect for a bike of this nature – and a full LCD display.
You only need to look at Ducati’s success with the Scrambler, BMW’s runaway rNineT sales and Triumph’s own success with the Bonneville Bobber to see that ‘retro’ bikes with easy to handle – and easy to maintain – attributes are the big winners within a manufacturer’s line-up.
If Triumph continue with the blueprint set by the new Bonneville’s and especially the new Bobber, it could well be that the British firm have another firm hit on their hands.
|All-LED Lighting with Full LED Headlight with DRL*
|All new, distinctive and elegant, full LED 5-inch multi-function headlight with beautiful Triumph maker’s mark triangle branding. Main and dipped beam, and front position light, plus Triumph’s signature style LED daytime running light.
Compact and elegant, with a distinctive light pattern, the LED rear light, LED indicators and LED number plate light are power efficient and durable.
|Single Button Cruise Control||Easy to use, single button function cruise control with one press for on, one press to set the speed, and one press to cancel. Easily accessible button mounted into the left hand switch cube.
|Ride-by-Wire||For a crisper, more precise and more accurate throttle response,
with improved on/off throttle transition. Enabling different throttle maps, linked to two different riding modes.
|Riding Modes||Linked to the ride-by-wire system, there are Road and Rain riding modes, selectable via the new switch gear, for maximum, control and safety in different riding conditions, both delivering full power.
|ABS||The contemporary safety standard, with minimal visual impact, the ABS is responsive yet unobtrusive.
|Switchable Traction Control||Contemporary switchable traction control, maximising rider safety and control.
|Torque Assist Clutch||Reducing clutch lever effort, the Torque Assist Clutch improves long distance rideability and reduces rider fatigue.
|Immobiliser||State-of-the-art immobiliser system as standard, with a transponder incorporated into the Triumph branded key.|
*Availability of the DRL function is governed by local market legislation – please check with your Triumph market representative for availability.